Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm Packing Again!?! Really?

So its a Saturday night, and I find myself packing...again! It feels like yesterday that I was settling into my apartment here in Delhi, but in reality it has already been 24 days! I remember when a month seemed like such a long time, but now I am left wondering where the days went. And I'm not just talking about my independent study period; my whole abroad experience has felt this way. Arriving in August, December seemed SO far away to me, but here it is. At the same time, I have experienced so many things that it seems impossible that I've only been here for 3 months. Time is a tricky tricky thing! I literally have only two weeks left in India, and I am ready to make the most of it! Tomorrow I am taking a train to Darjeeling (a city known for great hikes, tea plantations, and Buddhist monasteries) to meet up with some of the girls from my program and do some "touristy" activities. Then a week from today, we will take a train back to Jaipur. In Jaipur we will all present our projects, complete some wrap-up activities, and even have a formal banquet for our host families. Then, on December 12th, I will board a plane and head back to the United States. I already know that I am going to cry, and it will be a very bittersweet experience. I am really looking forward to seeing my friends and family in the States, but I will also be heartbroken to leave this beautiful country and say goodbye to all of the wonderful people I've met here. My traveling won't end there though. The day after I get home, I am driving up to visit Stonehill! It may seem crazy, but I have a lot of friends who are studying abroad next semester, and this will be my only chance to see them before they leave! I'll be at Stonehill for 3 days, and then I am looking forward to hanging out at home, seeing my friends in Scranton, and getting to know my new dog, Sookie (take a look at the picture my mom sent me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment