Friday, April 9, 2010

Great Weather, Great Week!


Hi Everyone!

I had a GREAT week! I spent my Easter break with Becca (who I mentioned last week) and her family instead of driving all the way back to Pennsylvania. Her parents were so kind to me, and her mom had so much food for us! We spent a lot of time outside soaking up the sun, and Easter Sunday was beautiful; it was about 85 degrees and so sunny! I spent so much time outside in fact that I actually got a little sun burn… oops! On Tuesday classes started up again, and at night I had practice for the upcoming DiverCity Festival. This is the second year the Diversity Committee is sponsoring the event, and I am really looking forward to it. Basically, it’s a big celebration of culture and a chance to celebrate our differences. There will be songs, dances, food, spoken word performances, skits, and a world fashion show which I will be modeling an Indian sari for, so it should be a great night! Wednesday was another gorgeous day. There were students outside EVERYWHERE on campus: playing Frisbee, doing homework, reading, chatting with friends, napping, and just having a good time. I even saw several classes being held outside. I guess the professors couldn’t resist the weather either! One professor even had his students carry their desks outside-check out the picture. Yesterday was the last day of nice weather, so I tried to enjoy it! I also went to my volunteer site, which is always fun… after all, who doesn’t like to play with babies for two hours?!? The nice weather and a light homework load was exactly what I needed to make this a relaxing week. Next week starts the final stretch: its Spring Week so there will be all kinds of events going on, (including comedians, game shows, concerts, a carnival and a dance) then a few more weeks of classes (and lots of papers due!) then finals, then summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment